Umrah Visa Requirements: What Do You Need to Know
Spiritual preparations for the holy pilgrimage aside, getting an entry visa is arguably the most important aspect of your travel to Makkah. Umrah, the non-mandatory but Sunnah and recommended pilgrimage to Makkah, can be observed by Muslims at any time during Umrah season. This eight-month period of Umrah is between the start of Safar month and the end of Ramadan. However, the Saudi government has the authority to extend it by two months to accommodate more pilgrims. While the travel regulations for pilgrims arriving with hajj packages 2022 from UK and other countries are the same as any other international travel, Umrah performers must still adhere to some specific regulations regarding entry visas.
So, here’s a brief description of Umrah Visa Requirements.
How an Umrah Visa can be obtained?
For international pilgrims.
To obtain an Umrah visa, international visitors must go through the channel of authorized travel agencies i.e., they are not allowed to apply for visas on their own but only authorized travel agents can. Government-approved agents are also responsible for arranging pilgrims’ transportation and lodging needs when in Saudia Arabia.
For locals and GCC citizens.
Citizens, as well as residents of Saudia Arabia and GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) who wish to perform Umrah, do not need visas or permits for Umrah pilgrimage.
What documents are required?
- A completed, duly signed original Umrah visa application form. Remember that the statement written at the end of the application form must be carefully read and undertaken by the pilgrims.
- One latest passport-sized color photograph with a white background should be attached to the visa application form. The photograph must have a full-face view i.e., in which the applicant is facing the camera directly. No side or angled views are acceptable.
- If the applicant has a non-Muslim name, he or she should also submit a certificate from a local mosque or an Islamic center stating that the applicant is a Muslim.
- Passport validity should be of at least 6 months from the date of submission of the application form.
- Copy of confirmed and non-refundable airline ticket with departure from Saudia Arabia within two weeks from the date of arrival in the kingdom.
- Proof of pre-booked accommodation in Saudia Arabia for the entire period of your umrah stay.
- Vaccination certificate. Since vaccinations for individuals traveling from different regions also differ, it’s advised to get professional help from your travel agent for proper guidance.
- If the applicant of Umrah visa is not a national of the country from where he/she is applying, a valid residency permit must be submitted as a requirement with the application.
How long is Umrah Visa Valid?
Umrah visa is valid for only 2 weeks. Within these 2 weeks, the pilgrims should perform Umrah and making sure his/her departure from Saudi Arabia is exactly on the 15th day from the date of entry.
These are some of the basic things to know about the umrah visa requirements.